Tuesday 27 July 2021

Obesity Of Mine

Obesity can be defined in simple words called "FAT" or "FATSO". I being called baby elephant by my sister, of course with love but that means similar to I AM FAT. 


Judging a person with the body is wrong, but being in obesity we are doing wrong with ourselves. I know that from the beginning but was enough lazy or ignoring myself. Why I reduce obesity are two major reasons.


1. From Islamic Point obesity is not good because it leads to laziness and more eating.

2. From a health point of view obesity lead to many unwanted diseases.


Still, I am trying to reduce weight as I am in the overweight category but Alhamdulillah I am out from obesity. it is a little hard for me due to PCOD, but it is working. you can calculate your BMI from: https://www.calculator.net/bmi-calculator.html 


What does Islam say about obesity?


Islam does not encourage overeating, what we see in pictures of Arab having a feast is nothing to do with Islam, it is their culture same as the emperor of other countries. Islam encourages moderate eating as mentioned in the below hadith.


The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: The son of Adam does not fill any vessel worse than his stomach. It is sufficient for the son of Adam to eat a few mouthfuls, to keep him going. If he must do that (fill his stomach), then let him fill one third with food, one third with drink, and one third with air.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2380); classed as Saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah (2265). 


Start slowly and gradually for reducing weight, ask Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى‎ if you have kids and in-laws who do not support exercise, then try going on for Groceries, Masjid, the relative house where you have to walk for at least an hour. 


I have personally felt that when you are obese you do less activity and feel lazier to do anything. May Allah grand health to all of us. 


Stay healthy and safe.



1 comment:

  1. Love the article. Please write more blogs and make it visible to others as well.

    ReplyDelete